- Horizon’s biggest achievement is a story that is a) interesting, b) totally justifies robot dinosaurs, and c) makes me want to revisit this setting again and again (though maybe not this precise location).
- I loved fighting robot dinosaurs, but there weren’t enough of them. I also would’ve appreciated some more variety to their fighting styles.
- I’d drop some of the survival elements for more RPG ones. I would’ve loved more weapon and armor stats to play with.
- Mounted dinosaur combat needs to be a bigger focus.
- Next to Breath of the Wild, climbing on preordained paths really sucked for this kind of game. I hope they revisit the platforming and puzzles next time around to make them more interesting.
- I didn’t really care for any of the characters, including the lead.
- Even with the post-credit tease, I am excited for a sequel, but only if the plot opens up more. I would really like a sequel without a central villain(s) that instead focuses on restoring the world despite certain evils in it.
- The Platinum Trophy was well-designed. I never felt frustrated. The majority of the trophies coincided with my interest in exploring anyway.