- Rise of the Tomb Raider is a better platformer than Uncharted, but it is written far worse. I hated the characters, the twists, and pretty much everything about the script.
- It really made me appreciate how much better the Uncharted series uses actual history for flavor. In contrast, Rise of the Tomb Raider is bad historical fiction mixed with Croft family melodrama.
- As awesome as it was to have a strong female lead, I have seen more personality on a cereal box.
- The combat sections really dragged, but unlike the Uncharted series, they felt shorter overall and had a bit less focus. I still feel like these kinds of adventure platformers need to stop relying so heavily on third person shooting to pad out their set pieces. Like Uncharted, the narrative and the characters do not support the kind of run-and-gun, axe an enemy in his head, or slit his throat gameplay, even if it can be fun.
- I miss the Prince of Persia series. Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted not that long ago makes me really, really, really want a new one.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider is one of the prettiest games I have seen. Furthermore, though I did no side quests or side content, it had a ton more than I expected.
- If you haven’t played it, I say give it a try. It is a solid game even if you start skipping exposition cutscenes.